Welcome to My Living Novel

In my world, the plot is always thickening.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Will Someone Take My Credit Card Away Please

I know I said that I would stop being wasteful and that I bought the last of the presents to myself on Saturday, but I've splurged again both today and yesterday. Please don't be mad at me.

Tuesday, I had to go back to the mall to pick up my order from Saturday, and what do you know I was left with over two hours to kill. Kohl's had a sale and I needed some cute club clothes and the rest was history, so was that money. Today, I remembered that Fionna Apple's new cd just came out, and I had to have it. I normally don't buy cd's at regular retail price, but I simply couldn't wait the 6 months it would take my music club to get it in stock and then another two weeks to deliver. I've been waiting for it seems 28 years for Ms. Apple to grace us with her music. So far the cd looks pretty cool. It's one of those Dualdisc cds that have one side that is a dvd and one side that is her actual cd. It's an interesting idea, and I figured since it only cost a dollar extra why not get the extra features. I've only listened to one track as of now, so I don't have a review for you yet. I will just say that the first track "Extraordinary Machine" was fun, playful, yet a little weird. We'll just have to wait and see if I grow to love it or grow to hate because it's extremely rare for me to like any song the first time I hear it.

I guess I really can't consider a music purchase as an unnecessary buy. I almost need to get a new cd every month just to maintain mental sanity. They always help me see the world in new ways, and the fascination that the music and the lyrics bring me will stay with me for years. I guess anything that inspires your fascination in the world can never be considered as a waste. As for my club clothes, I'll suppose that I'll just have to wait and see how many heads I turn to know whether they were worth the cost or not.

1 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Blogger issuational said...

I completely relate I just spent eight months racking up major debt on my credit cards and I still find myself spending three hours browsing for CD's, I definitely don't think it's an unnecesary purchase...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home