Welcome to My Living Novel

In my world, the plot is always thickening.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Can You Imagine Disaster?

Can you imagine a disaster so bad that you no longer have a home, a job, or a city to return to? The total picture is almost unfathomable to me. I mean I can imagine losing a home because that happens to people around the country everyday, but having your working environment washed away at the same time as your home is a jawing dropping mind blower to me. It’s such a tragedy that this is the reality of the thousands of people hit by Katrina. And it seems inhumane to be forced to tell these hard-working people that the home you created for yourself is inhabitable, and since the office building where you work is damaged as well, you no longer have a job or a way to earn back everything you lost. I don’t think there is any amount of insurance or aid that will give these people back what they have lost. They’ll have to start all over again kind of like a kid just getting out of school only with less support. My heart goes out to them because I can’t even imagine what I would do in their situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home