Welcome to My Living Novel

In my world, the plot is always thickening.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Free Time? Friend or Foe

A friend told me today that I have too much time on my hand, and though I admit this is true, I wanted to scream into the universe, "Is that such a bad thing?" When did the only acceptable lifestyle become the one where you barely have time to sit for a 20 minute period of time and breathe in and out for a while. Why has it become acceptable for every person between the ages of 18-65 to always be on the run? It seems unfair to me that since my job in only 30 hours a week, and I don't consume my time with any other organizations, that I should receive the raised eyebrow comment, "You must have a lot of free time on your hands." Damn it, yes I do. And I'm not the one who deserves the raised eyebrow, it's you.

I've done the whole multi-tasking I don't have 5 minutes to myself thing in college, and though it does has it's merits, such as never allowing you to be bored, I am perfectly content to be without the hustle and bustle. The only bad part about having a lot of fun time is the boredom and the ever increasing feeling that I should be doing something constructive. However, it's allowed me to start so many new creative projects such as this wonderful webjournal and a healthy start to a novel. Although the story may never get finish and may never be up to publishing par, it's just so refreshing to get what's bothering me off my chest in converted in the form of a fictional narrative.

Anyway, I'm sure soon enough I'll be back to my, "I'm sorry, I'll have to talk to you later" ways, but until then, I'm just going to lounge and let the time fly by.

1 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Blogger Barefoot in Blue said...

I totally agree!! Girl, I am the Reigning Grand Empress of Having Too Much Time on My Hands...I will never give up the throne!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home