Welcome to My Living Novel

In my world, the plot is always thickening.

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Lenny and Me


Can I say enough how much I love Mr. Lenney Kravitz. He opened my heart and ears to a whole new world of music when I was 13 years old, and I can't help but to be eternally grateful for all that he's done for me. Especially, classic Lenny songs such as "I Built this Garden for Us" and "Circus," which are still my anthem for love and life. And though I do appreciate his newer records, they will never quite capture the same place in my heart as his older records of perfection.

I know you're probably thinking that I really met Lenny in person. Many people have, but unfortunately I've never had the honor of standing face to face with the man. This is merely a wax sculpture from the Madame Tussaud's museum in London, but I girl can dream can't she?

Anyway, Lenny was my start of something good. He along with artists such as Alanis Morrisette and Jamiroquai got me out of my rap and R & B slump and broaden my horizons into new genres. Now, I'm as worldly as they come. I try to experience every type of music with unbiased ears. Living in Nashville for example, there is a plethora of country music bars and nightclubs to explore. My favorite so far in the Bluegrass Inn. Every time I go in there I always wind up dancing in circles with some random older man. They are always the most pleasant of characters, and I can't help but to have a ball swing dancing and moving to that honky tonk beat. Though I've always resisted liking country music, it's slowing growing on me.

I believe that I owe this wondrous evolution of tastes to the very eclectic and versatile styles of Mr. Kravitz. He influenced me the become the free spirit, open-minded, open-eared character that I am. And that's something that you can't help but sing about.

1 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Blogger Barefoot in Blue said...

I am not so much a Lenny conosieurre but he had the tastiest butt ever in that one video where he was walking around the bathroom...mmm, thank you Lenny for opening her ears and opening my eyes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home