Welcome to My Living Novel

In my world, the plot is always thickening.

Friday, August 12, 2005

Meteor Shower

Last night me and my mom decided to head out for a late night snack. We wanted ice cream and determined that since there was going to be a meteor shower that we would sit out under the stars, eating ice cream, waiting the sky fall in on us. So we went to Sonic for one of their delicious Oreo blasts and drove around town looking for a dark place to watch. Unfortunately, we did not feel safe in any of the dark places that we know around Nashville so we wound up in the brightness of Walmart's parking lot. The moon had already set and there was only one visible star in the sky, and though I did not get to see one meteor fall that night, I got to see so much more. We started to talk about the songs she used to sing to us as babies. She said she would always sing "Somewhere over the Rainbow" and "Moon River." I asked her to sing it to me again for old times sake and through she was a bit embarrassed and didn't quite remember the words, she dug down deep and sung "Moon River" for me. It was actually kind of sweet, and though I can not possibly remember being a baby in my mother's arms, hearing that song whispered out of her lips made me remember a feeling of comfort and safety that I've forgotten. No, I didn't see one shooting star that night, but my mother was glowing enough to light up the sky.

2 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Blogger Barefoot in Blue said...

awwww!! it doesn't get any cuter than that, I swear! Mothers are such wonderful creations, aren't they?!

 
At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mold or Mildew... I would like you to know about toxic mold exposure. If you are getting sick often. Visit ..http://moldinfo4u.com . If You see black powder looking dust on your walls or floors that could be the toxic mold exposure I'm Talking about.. This can be cleaned with bleach most of the time but beware of how you clean and dispose of the paper towel that you use.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home