Welcome to My Living Novel

In my world, the plot is always thickening.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I Know It's Silly, But You'll Just Have to Forgive Me

I was eating lunch yesterday and watching some TV to amuse myself. As usual nothing was on, so I went to my handy dandy On Demand feature on the digital cable and started searching for new music videos. To my surprise the new My Chemical Romance video "The Ghost of You"was on there, and I jumped so high in air with happiness you would have thought I won Powerball. It took me several seconds to calm down and hit the watch button, but my excitement was well justified because it was a fantastic video. My new inexplicable celebrity crush, Gerard Way, looked fabulous, and in general all of the band members were just adorable. They were back in World War II times, and they were singing at their last concert before they had to go off to war “never coming home.” Once again it was very dramatic like the Helena video and I was moved for the second time. The video also alluded to a scene in Legends of the Fall, one of my favorite movies, about how these two brothers get separated and one brother has to watch other die. It was too much. It was too beautiful. I had to watch it three times in a row.

And my beloved Gerard Way looked so handsome and clean cut. He looked like the young Elvis Presley you see to the left. I mean the resemblance was truly uncanny. I swear this boy is a chameleon because when I first saw him in their, “I’m Not Okay” video, I thought he looked like Billy Corgan, of the Smashing Pumpkins, with hair. Now, he transforms into this new sexy Elvis. Do your thing Gerard Way, do your thing! Although my fascination with Mr. Gerard Way is a little silly, I willing to allow a few adolescent behaviors through my very serious adult facade just to stay young at heart a little longer.

1 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger Barefoot in Blue said...

I must admit, as a native Nashvillian, I went through a phase where I was the BIGGEST Elvis fan on Earth (it lasted like 4 months). You see these old grandmas on TV with fanny packs and sequins hats pushing their way through the gates of Graceland for the 40th time to reabsorb all they can of The King. I didn't take it that far but I was well on my way. I'm stil not digging Mr. Way, the sassy lesbian that he is, but to each his own...to each his own...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home