Welcome to My Living Novel

In my world, the plot is always thickening.

Monday, October 10, 2005

One Hell of a Week

I have had a hell of a week. I don’t even no where I should start or how much I want to reveal about what I’ve learned. I’ll just say that on Wednesday, I was the lowest that I have ever been in so many ways. However, over the weekend, I’ve done a full 180 and I’m working on reaching highest point that I’ve ever been in my life.

This weekend I went to the New Age and Wholistic Fair with my mother. It comes to Nashville ever so often and it’s our favorite outing. It’s a cool set-up with lots of booths selling different goods and new age services, and a lot of free seminars teaching everything from self-hypnosis, astrology, dream interpretation, and Feng Shui. It’s always amusing to listen to several different ideas and recommendations on how life should be lived and how to heal yourself.

The one booth that impressed me the most was the Quantum-Touch healing booth. These people believe that everyone has the power to heal themselves with the life-force energy that exists inside your own body. This energy renews and rebuilds new tissues accelerating the healing for any illness or disease. They suggest that when a person is sick or injured, their life force energy is low but being in between high life force energy can bring that sick person’s energy up so their immune system can heal itself. They claim to eliminate pain, both emotional and physical, reverse deformities like scoliosis, and bowed legs, and facilitate a virtually pain-free childbirth. These are no small claims to make, so I went to their seminar and I was still very impressed with how they work and how they are able to provide relief for the people that are in the audience.

I decided that I had to try this for myself. They offer 5 minute healings for $5, so I figure why not. I’ve wasted $5 on less. So I told the man that my old dancer teacher said that I had scoliosis in my back. I have not been able to see it and it’s never been confirmed by a doctor so I asked him to check it out. He did confirm that scoliosis diagnosis but that it was so slight that it wasn’t a priority. He focused solely on my hips, which he said were 2 inches out of alignment. He even showed the difference to my mother and she had to agree that my hips were dramatically off.

Now, I’ve always known that my hips were crooked. It’s very noticeable when I look at myself in the mirror naked. I always say that when I get a lot of extra money that I would waste it on a chiropractor to fix my spine and hips. Had I’d known that my hips were a full two inches off, then I might of considered going a bit sooner. Anyway, he did the quantum-touch healing on my hips and it was the strangest, most subtle feeling ever. I could feel little vibrations of energy pulsating on my stomach and I felt my hip moving and pulling but he was not touching hard enough to cause such a movement. When he was done I didn’t really notice a difference, but when I got home and looked at myself again, I was amazed at how even my hips were. I don’t think I’ve ever seen my hips be so symmetrical. My mother tried their services the next day and she also said that the pain that she had from standing and walking all day was gone. I am usually a very skeptical person, but I can’t find a bad thing to say about these people. I know what my hips looked like before the man did the healing, but my hips don’t look like that any more.

They are offering a workshop to teach others how to do this type of healing, and I’m seriously considering taking the class. It fits in so perfectly with the quantum physics theories that are in What the Bleep Do We Know that it’s a little eerie. I love it when new ideas come into your life and build off of something else you’ve already learned or experienced. It’s the universe’s way of letting you know that you’re on the right track I guess.

Anyway, I still haven’t decided whether I will take the workshop or not. I have some more research to do on these people before I give them anymore of my money. I’ll make sure to keep you posted if I do decide to go and I become a world class healer. Then, all of you will have to call me Guru Kendra, and I kind of like the sound of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home