Welcome to My Living Novel

In my world, the plot is always thickening.

Monday, June 11, 2007

My Spontaneous Side

I was talking to my international friend the other day and he pointed out a very interesting characteristic about myself that I have never realized before. He says that I get obsessed with things very easily and then all of sudden as if over night, I get deeply involved in a new relationship, a new project, or a new adventure as if it was always planned out that way. When I take time to reflect about my behavior, I realize how right he is. I can really take an idea and run with it, as evidenced by the events of the last couple of weeks.

Just last week, for example, one of my co-workers mentioned going to a drive-in movie. I thought that it was such a charming idea that that very same afternoon I did some research, found where the nearest drive-in was, and harassed my current love interest, Text, until he gave in and decided to go with me. It was a 45 minute drive but it was well worth it, because as soon as we got there we could not stop smiling. It was kind of like going back in time and being part of a more pleasant era. It was so refreshing, until we were in the middle of our 45 minute drive home and realized that we both had to be a work early the next morning. Why couldn’t I have just waited for the weekend? I still can not tell you. I guess that I’m trying to follow the “live each day like it’s your last” philosophy, but I can’t decide whether all my compulsions are destructive, as with my compulsive shopping or constructive as with my new dance projects and social activities.

My latest compulsion drew me to Memphis. The Saint has been complaining about our current hangout for weeks now, saying that this place in Memphis is 100% better than Ibiza and that I should go check it out. He didn’t expect me to actually follow through with his suggestion so quickly. I got two of my girlfriends together in record time and we all took the 3 hour road trip down to Memphis just to salsa. We had a ball of course, but I was surprised that the Memphis club, the High Pointe Pinch, was nothing like the Saint described. It definitely wasn’t any better than Ibiza, just a little different in atmosphere and the amount of guys who actually showed up just to dance. Regardless, of the Saint’s complaints I still think that Ibiza is the better of the two, but going the Memphis was definitely a worth while venture that has inspired me and the girls to take on Atlanta next. Who knows were my next compulsion will take me. All I can hope is that it will be somewhere good.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home