Welcome to My Living Novel

In my world, the plot is always thickening.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Text

About a month ago I met this guy at Café Coco. I was with my good friend Barefoot in Blue who is notorious for finding intriguing men to entertain us. I was sitting at the table enjoying my food, when Barefoot in Blue returns with three TSU types. Anyway, one of them in particular took a liking to me and when he found out that I salsa dance, he tricked me into giving him a hour long lesson right there in the café. He took me to the junkbox, let me pick out 18 songs of my favorite salsa songs, and the rest is history. We even got a few random locals involved with our lesson that ran way past 5 o’clock in the morning. Since that night, we emailed and text message constantly. He seems to have a particular aversion to actually talking on the phone, so I like to call him Text because I can always see his words better than I can hear them.

Text is a delightfully sentimental fellow and does the sweetest things just to prove that chivalry is not dead. For example, after our first date he sent me a thank you email saying how much he enjoyed my company and wrote about the particular parts of our conversation that he liked the best. He even attached the tracks that the piano man sang during our first date. Plus, he really listens to every word that I say, and if something I say interests him, he’ll actually go home and do research on it.

We talked a lot about music on our first date. He’s a Jay-Z, NWA type of brother while I’m a hopeless rock and roll girl. Anyway, I mentioned the Gym Class Heroes to him saying how they’re a good fusion of rock and hip-hop, and Text actually looked them up and surprised me with tickets to go see them in Louisville. I was so amazed. Who does such thoughtful things? Plus, the drive up to Louisville really helped us to learn a lot more about each other.

The concert was excellent and though Text in an advent hip-hop fan, he had to admit that these rock bands were great. The opening act in particular was fantastic. The band’s name is This Providence and their music was so good that I had to buy their cd right then and there and I’ve been listening to it non-stop ever since. And of course the Gym Class Heroes were wonderful, definitely worth the three hour drive.

Anyway, Text has really impressed me, but don’t worry I’m not rushing into this one. Everything is moving at a snail’s pace romantically which is all right with me because I still have a little Rocky drama left to deal with. Also, I’m resolved not to make Text into my knight in shining armor. I always build my men up too much in the beginning, only enjoying the good qualities and ignoring the flaws. I’m well aware of Text’s pros and cons and refuse to get swept up in a rollercoaster of emotion just because things seem to be going well because that’s exactly when things tend to blow up in my face.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 4:42 AM, Blogger Barefoot in Blue said...

Good ol' Text!! It was such a random night wehn we me them but it was a lot of fun! Mmm, just imagne waht this wonderful summer will have in store for us, dear Kendra, imagine...!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home