Welcome to My Living Novel

In my world, the plot is always thickening.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

My New Car


After two years of working like a slave, I have finally saved enough pennies to buy the car of my dreams. As I took a walk around the exquisite Scion xB today, I was as excited as a toddler at the circus, nearly jumping up and down and spinning around in circles. In many ways, my love for the Scion xB is truly bizarre, because I've never been a big car person and taking notice of any particular vehicle is just not something that I typically do. However, ever since the Scion xB came out, I've been lusting after it like the darn car was the most beautiful man in the world, literally applauding every time I would see one drive by. Such an attraction can not be denied, and even though many of friends insist that buying used is the way to go, I simply must go against all of their emphatic suggestions and go with my heart. Besides, all the used cars that I looked at today cost just as much if not more than my new Scion, and it makes no kind of sense for me to spend more for a used car when the new one is so much more reasonably priced.

And to test drive the thing was a dream. It sits up so high from the ground that you can get such a nice view of everything around you, yet it handles more like a car than a truck, which I really like. And the gas mileage is really good running around 30/33 mpg. I mean there are no down sides here, plus I get to customize my car with all the little frivolous trinkets I want like blue back lighting and designer pedal covers. Yes, I'm going to be big pimping in my Scion very soon and I deserve it.

I still have to wait one more month though until I get paid again to have enough money for a large down payment, but the date has been set. August 5th is the day that Kendra gets her new car, and she can hardly wait.

1 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Blogger Crothos said...

I like the Scion xB. Customizing it can get crazy at times.

An early congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home