Welcome to My Living Novel

In my world, the plot is always thickening.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

The Best Night of 2006 (so far, at least)

I still can not stop smiling about how wonderful last night was. I went salsa dancing like normal, and I was honored to have the company of my good friend Barefoot in Blue. She always makes the night so much better and attracts some of most interesting people both inside and outside the club. When I'm by myself, nothing out of the ordinary ever happens, but when I'm with her, simply sitting in Ihop becomes a circus of laughter. We literally had boys passing us notes through the wait staff that said, "Check yes, no, or maybe if you want to go out with us," and Blue had one of longest conversations ever with a truck driver from Michigan about the motives men have when they approach a woman.

Such amusing events would have been enough for me to remember last night forever, but her good energy brought even better things my way. The man that I've been lusting after for months now finally got up the courage to talk to me through her. Evidently, I'm an intimidating person to talk to, and he felt more comfortable talking to me through with a friend shield than without one. I was so surprised about how timid he was. He told Blue that he's been wanting to dance with me for while, but didn't think that he was a good enough dancer and was afraid to ask. I mean how adorable is that. You can't fake that type of genuine humbleness and sincerity. I could have melted. And he's not a bad dancer at all. He doesn't always do the right steps, but I still love his style and the way he feels when he moves. I was especially intrigued about how rough and well-worked his right hand was and how soft his left was. I wonder what kind of work he most do that leaves one hand so soft and the other so rough.

And the man is gorgeous. I think that I may even have to give him the pseudonym of the Most Beautiful Man in the World, and demote my former most beautiful man in the world to Blue's name for him Designer Jeans. Anyway, the new Most Beautiful Man in the World is surprising tall to be Mexican, and he has the rare gift of being more beautiful up close than far away. He only looks mildly attractive from a distant, but when you get close to him and really look him good in the face you can see so many subtle details that are simply breathtaking to behold. I've never met anyone like that before, and I started to feel a little self-conscious myself because I have the curse of being quite attractive from a distance and a mess up close and personal.

Even more important than how he looks was how I feel around him. Although I was nervous to make a good impression, behind that initial fear was a feeling of comfort and a feeling of safety. It's almost as if I've known him forever without ever having to go through the insignificant details of actually meeting him. I've only felt this way once before and that feeling led to so much love and passion that it frightens me to feel it again so suddenly. However, it's just my luck that I get all excited about this guy, and then he disappears off the face of the Earth, never to be seen again. (I'm not exaggerating either. This has happened before). However, I pray that it doesn't, because I see so much potential here, so many things that intrigue me.

1 Comments:

At 3:28 AM, Blogger Barefoot in Blue said...

He was a cute ringlety man! Wasn't that a great night, you are right, I'm going to have to write about the motives of men, that convo was a million years long, it's ridiculous...and please believe, my nights are much more interesting when you are in them also...Hermitage/bar/limo...need I say more?! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home