Welcome to My Living Novel

In my world, the plot is always thickening.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Another Lost Soul Finds the Light

Today, I had the pleasure of having lunch with two of my favorite college friends Scary and Lapin. My friend Scary has just gotten a wonderful job in Virgina working for a division of the Smithsonian Institute, and on his three day drive to the east coast, he and my other friend Lapin decided to give me the honor of a quick visit.

It was so good to see them again. Ms Lapin even went so far down memory lane that we had to do Balki’s infamous dance of joy. However, mostly we spent our time concentrating on the future, thinking about how we would spend the next years of our lives. Ms. Lapin and myself are still hopeless members of the Lost Souls Club, aimlessly wandering the planet hoping to reach that epiphanic moment where everything makes sense. But our beloved Scary wanders no more. He has found his calling, researching a rare breed of Mongolian wild horses, tagging and monitoring this extinct species to see if they can find the most effective way to breed them and reintroduce them into their natural habitant in China. Yes, I’m jealous, but I’m also very happy for him because I don’t think that there is anyone better suited for this type of work.

This type of story always inspires me because it shows just how quickly your life can change. In the matter of two weeks, Scary went from doing landscaping in Montana to rescuing an entire species in China. So just think what the next two weeks could hold for the rest of us if we are brave enough to put our names out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home