Welcome to My Living Novel

In my world, the plot is always thickening.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Thank God For Girl Scouts!

In my eyes, nothing can compare to the crispy, chocolaty, goodness that is a Samoa Girl Scout cookie. It's a taste that comes only once a year, and in my house is anticipated with the same delight as Christmas.

This year, however, I decided to be brave and venture outside the security of my Samoa and shortbread staples, and try a new cookie called Lemon Coolers. They're supposed to be reduced fat, but I'm sure that title is over-ridden if you eat an entire of box in one sitting. They are not quite as delicious as Samoas, naturally, but they are mighty addictive so approach with caution.

Regardless of their calories, girl scout cookies always make me feel so good about myself because by eating them I am supporting an organization that helps young girls grow strong, while teaching invaluable sales skills that will be priceless in the business realm. Or at least that's my excuse for eating 2 boxes in a row. What's yours?

7 Comments:

At 7:39 AM, Blogger Onotheo said...

Hi.
Happy Valentines DAy!

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hrm...two boxes in one sitting? my excuse is that the other cookies might feel they weren't good enough to eat right then...and what good is a stale samoa? HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Hi! I'm visiting thru Blog Explosion. Have you tried the Edy's Samoa ice cream? They have a light version, and it is SO good!

 
At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I go for those Tagalongs each and every time. They've never let me down!
Peace..............

 
At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmm, Tagalongs! and speaking of that, is it true that some girl scout cookie boxes don't use words like Tagalong and Samoa cause they refer to people of specific nationality/ethnicity? just wonderin'.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Kendra said...

Dee,

You pose a very interesting question, so I did a quick search to see if I could find any answers. There is alot of confusion about whether to call the cookies Caramel deLites or Samoas, but in many places the name of the cookie actually changed to Samoa instead of the Caramel deLites. I'm assuming there are no furious Samoans somewhere shaking their fists at us Americans for turning their culture into a delicious cookie.

(Actually if someone could turn my culture into a delicious cookie I think I would be pleased.)

Kendra

 
At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Poker Rooms said...

What words... super

 

Post a Comment

<< Home