Welcome to My Living Novel

In my world, the plot is always thickening.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The New and Improved Thumb War

Sometimes I don't think my brother and I will ever grow up. Even though, he's a thirty-year old school teacher and I'm a twentysomething professional, over this Christmas holiday, we refused to act any differently than we did when we were at the ripe ages of 15 and 8. Yesterday, we spent the entire night watching cartoons i.e. the Family Guy and playing the new and improved version of thumb war that he came up with because I was beating him so easily at the old fashioned game of thumb war. For the new and improved version, we play thumb war with our left hands instead of our right, and we hold each other's arms in place with our free hands so we can't squirm out of the thumb death hold. I must admit that I kind of suck and the new and improved thumb war, but I'm sure that I'll only get better with time. I refuse to be defeated by him and I'm doing thumb exercises at work right now so that it will be strong for battle tonight.

And though I couldn't find any pictures of active thumb war battles online today, the people of Paris finally got something right as they've created this massive bronze statue in honor of the thumb. I don't know if they created it solely in honor of thumb war but I'd like to think that my favorite childhood game had something to do with it.

2 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Blogger John said...

Hiya, I enjoyed your posts as I'm looking for Dream Interpretation Dictionary See you again soon

 
At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool guestbook, interesting information... Keep it UP
» » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home