Welcome to My Living Novel

In my world, the plot is always thickening.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Will Everyone Please Stop Feeding Me!


I've forgotten what hunger feels like and I kind of miss that gentle ache that lets me know when nourishment is needed. Now, all I have is a perpetually full belly that is just begging for a break from the heavy loads I force upon it and that is starting to insist on a larger waistband.

I was so not planning on this. I thought the holiday feasts would just casually come on Christmas day and that would be enough gluttony to last the rest of the year, but from the Christmas parties and luncheons at work, to the steady preparations of food at home, it starting to seem like there is some mysterious Christmas fairy throwing candy canes at my feet as though they were roses. Every room I enter seems to be filled with chocolate covered pretzels, baked ziti, fried chicken, and cookies. I mean I know it's the holidays, but there needs to be a limit on all of this feasting. At least the Berenstain Bears had an excuse for eating too much junk food. They could eat a week's worth of food and then hiberate for a month. I, unfortunately, just eat a week's worth of food to wake up tomorrow to repeat the hole vicious cycle again.

1 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tomorrow is glorious and dreadful Goody Day at my place of employment. Every department in the building is filled with treats. And since the bosses are all gone on vacation, the little workers just roam around each department sampling another batch of fudge. I have been telling myself for weeks now that I will not partake in its goodyness. I must take a stand at some point or I will gain back all of the weight that I spent the last year losing. If we can make it through Christmas, Kendra, I think we will be homefree. Then I'm seriously going to lose 40 more pounds by April. Mark my words!

By the way, I really like your blog! I'm so glad you commented on mine. Otherwise I may never have found it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home