Welcome to My Living Novel

In my world, the plot is always thickening.

Friday, December 09, 2005

Ebay Broke My Heart Tonight!

I am overwhelmed with Christmas shopping despair, and everything was going so well yesterday. The book that would have been the prefect Christmas present for my mother was stolen from me. It was a beautiful 1st edition, 1915 book about The Myths of Ancient Egypt. It had hand-drawn color prints people. It was beautiful and would of made my mother cry, and someone had audacity to out bid me.

I was head to head with them for a while, but tonight two hours before closing, someone reached a price range, that I just could not go, and now I have no idea what to get my mother for Christmas. She loves old books and Egyptology so if you have any creative ideas, please let me know.

It's such a pity to know your limitations, and ebay puts it's all right there in first you without any modesty. They don't care how badly you want something or if you saw it first. It's all the highest bidder, and I don't know if I'll ever be extravagant enough to go all out and leave everyone else behind counting their pennies.

But it's really not about the money. I'm just sad because I could just visualize my mother opening my gift on Christmas morning and gasping at how wonderful this book was. I know she would smile while reading it, carefully turning each delicate page, washing her hands before even beginning to handle such lovely antique. How am I going to come up another gift that would realize all of these classic images. It's hopeless.

2 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should go ahead and print out a picture of that ebay page and let her know that you were thinking of her ... not as good as being able to get it for her ... but it will please her almost as much!

 
At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kendra -

You have a great writing style!Good luck with your book - and thanks for the internet dating tips on mine..;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home