Welcome to My Living Novel

In my world, the plot is always thickening.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Shopper's, Gambler's, and Alcoholic's Anonymous

I leave for Las Vegas Thursday, and I'm strangely excited and nervous at the same time. I feel excited about the wonderful possibilities that lay before me with all of those flashing lights, roller coasters, and chances to win millions of dollars. However, I know that I must also beware of the dark side of the force, for I don't want to wind up losing everything I own, getting molested, or anything even worst than that!

My excitement about the trip greatly out weighs the silly fears that I have developed, and I've been shopping like crazy to try to spice up my wardrobe for the trip. Now, I'm sure most people think that it is wise to save their money in order to spend it in their vacation destination, but that type of logic is just not for me because I refuse to walk around Vegas looking like my casual understated self. I want to have an air of jazziness about me, a certain je ne sais quoi, that I don't seem to have in my regular jeans and flip flops. So far I bought 3 pairs of shoes, 10 shirts, 1 pair of pants, 1 skirt, 2 belts, 1 stuffed animal, 1 cd, and 4 books. I don't pretend that you really care about the things that I bought, but I just want to illustrate how many dollars I've spent even before I left the city of Nashville. It's pure decadence and I don't intend to stop until I'm back in Nashville on April 3. With any luck I will have the honor of attending the most expensive shows, gambling at the high rollers' table, eating at buffets filled with lobster tails and crab legs, and of course drinking before noon. I will spare no expanse because that's what vacations are all about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home