Welcome to My Living Novel

In my world, the plot is always thickening.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Proverbs

I really don’t know where the last year went. Time has passed by so quickly that it makes me suspicious that global warming is doing more than raising the average temperature a few degrees. Perhaps it also makes the Earth spin a little bit fast and the weeks zip by as I blink.

I’ve never had this problem before. When I was in college and when I worked my previous job, the weeks seemed never ending and it would take 84 years for Friday to come, but now it’s Wednesday. This week is almost over, and I swear that in my head, it can’t be more than Monday, Tuesday at the latest. How can these days be slipping away from me so easily and why am I not fighting harder? We’re supposed to seize the day, hold it hostage, and keep it as a prisoner of war until the all powerful universe, or the UN in this metaphor, says that we can seize no more.

Perhaps stopping to smell the roses isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be, because when I take the time to relax and ponder the meaning of life, the very life that I try to make meaningful fades away and there’s no way for me to get that time back. However, is seizing really the answer? The more I seized in college, the more I felt like my time was not my own. Sure I accomplished a lot, but I felt like the things that I accomplished were not really for myself, but for the approval of everyone else.

There has to be some happy medium between seizing the day and my current status of frolicking, smelling, and twirling all the live long day. I’m just not sure where that place is yet.

3 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Hi kendra,nice blog you have,i don't worry about global warming.
stop by for a visit.

 
At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry too much about figuring it out. Life's mysteries are what makes it exciting. And when you find your place, your peace, yourself, you will be able to look back and see how much you really enjoyed that journey. Then, you will begin a new one.
Peace..............

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Girliedydy said...

Hey Chica,

I know I've been hidding. It's ust between work and school I wonder where the time goes. I don't know if there is a happy medium to two question. I think that we live each day accordingly if is it a sieze the day mentality so be it then there are other days were it is lazie faire( sorry if misspelled. Maybe it is just best to live your life to the best that you want the outcome to be and no matter what when that day ends be content in the outcome you created.

Take care

 

Post a Comment

<< Home