Welcome to My Living Novel

In my world, the plot is always thickening.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

M-BMW

I had another amazing weekend, abundant with Latin dancing and boy drama. I was supposed to have two Yahoo personals dates this weekend, but both my dates stood me up! I still can't believe the bad manners of these men, but I guess that's what happens when you try to make a cyberspace connection. The relationship is so abstract and theoretical that it can never break free of the computer screen and become part of the real world. However, I'm taking these small rejections in good humor, because they allowed me to spend more time in my favorite salsa club, which led me to spending more time with the Most Beautiful Man in the World (M-BMW, kind of like a Male-BMW because in so many ways he is as priceless as a luxury sedan).

Anyway, my Friday night with M-BMW was a little awkward. We didn't even talk to one another, but played the most ridiculous game of who could make the other more jealous by dancing with other people. I think I won that game hands down, yet I could not rejoice in my victory because I felt bad about wasting my Friday salsa night making someone that I like jealous. However, I was lucky enough to be able to redeem myself Saturday after my Yahoo date didn't show up. I went to Ibiza again and this time was able to dance with M-BMW to some of the best bachata music I've ever heard in my life. Ibiza had a special bachata band flown in from the Dominican Republic just for the event, and the band made an already romantic dance even more sensual. The wavy bachata motion literally took me into a trance-like euphoria, and I was so overjoyed with the music and my partner that I had to censor some of my smiles so as not to seem too smitten with M-BMW.

On the inside, I feel so much for M-BMW, but I know externally that there is nothing special about our relationship/friendship/acquaintance. He's just like all of the other regulars that I dance with every week, but instead of analyzing every detail of my time with him, like I normally do, for a change I'd just like to allow myself to feel without rationality or expectation because expectation is what kills the beauty of the experience. With expectation you always wonder why things aren't happening fast enough, instead of seeing the slow progress that is being made. Every relationship worth having is worth waiting for, and for now at least, I have plenty of time and patience to offer.

(Oh, and I learned the most beautiful Spanish toast this weekend. The toast loosely translates to mean "To this beautiful life and to the hope that it never ends." I find this toast so lovely because it is just as impossible as asking for world peace, but acknowledges without conditions how wonderful this life can be, while only quietly alluding possibility of an end. So to all of you reading out there please raise your water goblets and coffee mugs. May all of your lives be beautiful and may they never end.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home