Welcome to My Living Novel

In my world, the plot is always thickening.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Progress

With all the boy drama in my life, I have conveniently forgotten to tell you about the best news that I've heard all year. I got the promotion at my new job! So no more struggling, no more lowly hourly wages, no more working 2 jobs. I now have the very respectable job title of Research Analyst II. Notice the 2 people! Yes, I've moved up a level, and I'm getting a fairly descent salary and benefits. Only thing I'm worried about is failing miserably at my new job. I'll be the coordinator of 6 research projects, responsible for making sure everything is complete, taking care of everyone's schedule, making sure all the doctor's and staff see the right clients at the right time. It's all so complex, but I'm sure I can handle it. I always go into every job with the same impending sense of doom, yet somehow it always works out, so I know that at least statically speaking that the same will be true of this job.

But I can't just leave you hanging on my boy drama issues especially when such good progress is being made. The Neighbor surprised me last night with a very sudden shower of affection. I guess after he saw that I wasn't going to chase after him the way some girls do that he'd better turn up the heat on his part. It's so refreshing to find a heart underneath all of that apathic machoness. Anyway, things are a lot better. Communication is 100% better. Whereas before I couldn't even get him to open his mouth. Now, he's picking my brain every 10 minutes, "What you thinking about," as if in 10 minutes I've unraveled all the mysteries of the universe for his listening pleasure. However, this is not a complaint. I'm very impressed with his improvement. His renewed interest in me has renewed my interest in him and has abated my fantasies about the Columbian slightly. I'm still working my ass off to learn Spanish just in case. I just don't plan to run off into the sunset with the Columbian as soon as I expected.

1 Comments:

At 12:57 AM, Blogger Girliedydy said...

congrats on the job upgrade

 

Post a Comment

<< Home