Welcome to My Living Novel

In my world, the plot is always thickening.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Is There a Bitch in the House?

I’m not a violent person, but over the last two months I’ve had an overwhelming desire to kick somebody’s ass. It’s not that I have some generalized anger issues to work out. My anger is all directed to one of my co-workers in particular, the Doctor. In fact, this woman is even too bitchy to be called by a title of respect such as doctor. Instead, she will forever be named the Bitch in my mind and in this blog. This woman has the worst attitude that I’ve ever come across, truly believing that she has the right to shit on everyone beneath her without any consequences. She already made me cry once, but I’m not letting her get to me like that again.

Today, I had some small satisfaction of finally getting to her. I wasn’t even trying to be malicious. I simply prepared a data report for the lead study doctor of the research department that analyzed the Bitch’s patient caseload, organizing who is currently in research and who is ineligible for research. It was a very good report that everyone was impressed with, but the bitch thought that it was attacking her recruiting skills. The Bitch got so defensive that she raised her voice in staff meeting and to the lead study doctor. She acted as if she was on trail for a crime without truly knowing what my data report was about.

Whatever yelling that she did not finish in the staff meeting, came out after the meeting. She literally exploded at me and walked away before I had time to give her my response. I tried to explain to her very logically how the data speaks to her abilities in a positive light, showing that she is very successful in recruiting people into research, but she didn’t want to hear it. She continued her same rant about her feelings, as if she were a broken record. She even said herself that she just reacts to her feelings without thinking. Isn’t that the very thing that we advise against in the mental health field? Don’t we recommend impulse control especially in a profession setting? I’m out of patience with her and I’m finished with trying to make her happy. She and her feelings can go to hell for all I care.

1 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think there's some strange satisfaction to be garnered when someone in a position of power like that exposes you to a weakness. It's not a call for malice. It's more, like, "Yeah, bitch, I see how you are. I got you. I GOT you," like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home