Welcome to My Living Novel

In my world, the plot is always thickening.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Could It Be Fate?

I’m getting ready to take my salsa dancing to a whole new level. I’ve been asked to be part of a salsa team at my favorite nightclub Ibiza. At first, I was skeptical about it, because I really hate the ballroom dancer style of salsa. It’s so staged and unnatural that it’s actually painful for me to watch it, but I was pleasantly surprised to find out that ballroom salsa is not what this team is about at all. Our team leader and salsa teacher is really encouraging everyone to keep their own unique style and to keep our moves as natural as possible. He’s eventually hoping to schedule us exhibitions at other clubs across the South and doing lessons for the local news stations in Nashville. He even talked about possibly getting paying gigs if our team became popular. At this remark, my mind began to wonder and create a thousand magical scenarios of me becoming a professional salsa dancer and simply living the rest of my life doing my favorite hobby. It was a nice daydream until I realized that I’m not officially a part of the team yet. I still have to try out for it, but I’m not too worried about the whole audition process. I think that I’m one of the best girls there, and they would definitely be a little insane not to include me.

When I reflect about where I’ve been and where I’ve arrived too, I began to see how much symmetry my life has. Some people would say that I’ve reached this serendipitous point due to good planning or because of the choices that I made, but what about fate? I’d like to think that the gods have something to do with everything fitting together like a prefect pre-manufactured puzzle. Just as this wonderful salsa team is starting, I’m quitting my evening job allowing me time to go to more of the practices. And although I was a little sad to let the Neighbor go, now that he’s out of my life, I have one less distraction and one less obligation to attend to. Plus, my new car has been a godsend. I would have never been able to do go to all these salsa practices if it wasn’t for the timely addition of my new Scion. There has to be a greater meaning to why everything is fitting together so nicely. It’s like the universe is getting me ready for something big and I can’t help but to bite my fingernails in anticipation of what fate has in store for me next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home